Premature ejaculation can be an embarrassing, frustrating part of sex for any man-and woman for that matter. Premature ejaculation can also be hard to define. Some define it using the number of thrusts during sex before coming, some simply define it as coming before you want to. Many men have asked me how they can last longer. I want to point out that there is a difference between premature ejaculation and simply wanting to keep an erection for a longer period of time. There have been men who have told me they only last an hour and think there is something wrong with them-that they should be lasting longer. That is not premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is also marked by an inability to control ejaculation. You feel it coming and cannot stop it.
Sometimes with only a little stimulation. The truth is, it happens to everyone at some point. But if it occurs on a regular basis and you or your partner find it is contributing to making your sex life less than satisfactory, then it may be time to look for ways to learn ejaculatory control. Here is the good news: Premature ejaculation is one of the easiest sexual dysfunctions to fix! With a little effort and understanding every man can learn good ejaculatory control. It won’t happen overnight, you will need patience. But you will see results. Below are some basic facts and tips to get your started on the road to ejaculatory control.
1. Start with a medical exam. Some sexual dysfunctions are caused by a medical problem and you always want to rule it out or, if it is ruled in, get treatment. Many times if the medical problem is resolved, the dysfunction resolves itself. Also, some medications cause erectile and ejaculation problems. However, please consult with your doctor before discontinuing and medication on your own.
2. Premature ejaculation is a LEARNED behavior. That’s right. Learned. Men train their bodies to ejaculate quickly by the way they masturbate. Most men masturbate very quickly and are only interested in the quick orgasm or release. Your ejaculatory muscles are just those-muscles, and if they are not in shape they don’t do what you want them to do. By masturbating fast you are telling those muscles you want a fast reaction.
3. Do your kegel exercises! This will not only help you build up those muscles, it will help you learn ejaculatory control and increase the intensity of your orgasm! To do kegel exercises simply contract your kegel muscles for a count of ten 5 times in a row several times a day. You can do this anytime and no one will even know. Try it sitting at your desk at work or while watching TV. It is one of the easiest exercises to do! Don’t know what your kegel muscles are? Next time you are urinating, clench or tighten the muscles that will make you stop in the middle. Those are your kegel muscles.
4. When you are masturbating, take your time and try the squeeze technique. When you feel like you are going to come, wrap your thumb and forefinger around the base of your penis and squeeze-not too hard. But hard enough to stop you from coming. Wait a few minutes and start masturbating again. Repeat this until you finally come. At first, the time it takes for you to come will be short but as you continue to do this exercise, over time, you will last longer. This is something you can do during intercourse as well. When you feel like you are going to climax, pull out and use your thumb and forefinger. If you are concerned about doing this during sex, stick with the masturbation for a while.
5. There is also the start and stop method. This is where you simply stop masturbating when you feel you are getting close to climaxing. Stop for a while. Don’t worry if you loose your erection. Start again after a few minutes and you will get hard again. Then stop again when you feel like you are getting close to orgasm etc. etc.
Remember, it won’t happen overnight but as you continue with these exercises, you will gradually increase your ejaculatory control and premature ejaculation will be a thing of the past!